Author Topic: Cow Patty Trial Area Development  (Read 2199 times)

PopsicleJr

• Resident Mooch
  • Administrator
  • HoBoW Trials Team
    • View Profile
Cow Patty Trial Area Development
« on: July 12, 2016, 06:46:44 PM »
Hello Everyone,

As many of you know from our last trial, we committed to spending some money and developing our Cow Patty Trial area. So here is an update of what occurred from that:

It all went down July long weekend, I would like to extend a HUGE thanks to those that volunteered! Doug Harrish, the Giesbrechts, Brynie Schroderus, and I drug my good friend Trevor in to help as well haha. I'd also like to thank Terry Hanlon for loaning me his goose neck to haul the mini ex down to rocky.

I brought in a Cat 305 Mini Ex as well as Brynie and Roger/Graylin Giesbrecht graciously offered up their skid steers to help with the dirt work. This made a huge difference and allowed us to complete the work we had allotted in two days as opposed to three.

We completely rebuilt the legendary steps using the excavator, skid steers and a handheld auger as well as a skid steer auger drive attachment. Rocky Mountain house for sure lived up to its name as we pulled a lot of rocks out of the holes, it was tough drilling.

We have created an awesome multi line, novice to expert obstacle which will last for years to come due to the use of preserved wood. We have since added some rough cut slabs to the exterior both to give it a more authentic look and feel as well as help with the durability.

Since we were in there with more than capable digging equipment, we took the opportunity to develop the dug out. We built a tricky double step for the experts incorporating two concrete slabs. The bottom is nearly vertical and roughly five feet, with less than a bike length on top before the next step. I'm looking forward to riding it, thats for sure.

Ben Pospisil